My season as Senior Pastor of the Church @ the ROCK ended Jan. 2019. The goal of transitioning to a younger, more energetic pastor was completed in the installation of Pastor Devin Tasker as the new pastor. Devin will be a fantastic leader for the next season.
This means that I am available for other opportunities for ministry. I enjoy providing pulpit supply.
January 2015 – January 2019 – Senior Pastor, The Church at the ROCK
As part of this time of transition, I am serving as Co-Pastor of The Church at the ROCK. The congregation is affiliated with the ECO denomination, and since it is essentially a startup congregation, I was asked to assist in the launch. My wife and I have been in fellowship with these friends for the past number of years, and I am excited to see how the Lord will grow this congregation, and help us to grow our impact in our community.
You can find more info here: thechurchattherock.org
Author: Longing for Eden – Published 2010
The book discusses God’s original intention for you as a creature formed in God’s image and likeness, recognizes that we have all failed to achieve God’s intention, invites you to examine the cause of your brokenness, and offers a way forward toward the wholeness you long for. The book, along with the ministry of the band Longing for Eden, which I produce, has given birth to a weekend seminar which offers hope and healing for the journey toward wholeness.
1991 – 1998: West Ridge Christian Community
Associate Pastor / Leadership Training and Development / Adult Education Director / Teacher / Sound Engineer
• Played a primary role in the planning, development and planting of the church West Ridge Christian Community.
• Responsible for the writing, teaching, administration and development of Christian leadership programs and curricula used within the church. Material includes: curricula used in leadership development, home group and bible study programs, mentoring and discipling groups, Sunday school teaching and general Christian learning groups.
• Work with staff members to evaluate the effectiveness and progress of current curricula and programs within the church. Participate in identifying the need for new programs and effecting changes to those already established. Help with the planning, development and implementation of new programs.
• Responsible for all sound related activities including:
– Supervising, training, directing and scheduling all sound team ministry personnel.
– Consulting with ministry personnel with regard to the purchase and installation of sound and service related equipment.
– Engineering during most scheduled and special services.
– Equipment maintenance, installation, setup for special events and the rental of special equipment when needed to support services.
1989 – 1992 North Way Christian Community
Director of Sound Team / Sound Engineer / Coordinator of special events.
• Responsible for all sound related activities as listed above.
• Coordinator for special projects. Responsibilities included:
– Total coordination of volunteer staff
– Budgeting , contracting, supervising
1987 – 1989 Coordinator/Christian Projects
• Coordinator for the North East Regional Worship Symposium under the auspices of the International Worship conference in 1987 and 1988.
– Responsibilities for both symposiums included:
– Participation in staff selection.
– Teaching: The Role of Sound and Technical staffs in churches.
– Providing all sound and technical support and direction.
• As part of the Worship Life ’88 Conference, we produced the musical “We Are Called” at Heinz Hall for the Performing Arts. The presentation involved a full musical production, complete with orchestra, drama team, and theatrical production. Provided sound mixing services at the event.
1975 – 1989 Assisted as a primary leader in church plant,
Meyersdale Christian Fellowship in Meyersdale, PA.
Served as elder at New Life Fellowship in Carnegie, and was ordained in 1986. My ordination was an ordination to the Pastoral Ministry, but recognized my primary teaching gift.
1972 – 1976 Organized traveling ministry with Gospel Trio.
Other important highlights:
1996 – Kostroma Christian Center, Russia
2001 – Pastor’s Conference, Guatemala
2002 – Pastor’s Conference, Guatemala – Keynote teacher.
2007 – Pastor’s Conference, Guatemala – Keynote teacher.
Served as Overseer to several churches:
Church Triumphant – Ridgeley, WV
Gaithersburg Mennonite Church – Gaithersburg, MD
Formation Ministries – Holidaysburg, PA
Most of my ministry has been bi-vocational with the exception of my staff position at West Ridge Christian Community.